Start your tour from the floating pier at Hof Cultural Centre and hop aboard the RIB which will become yours for the next couple of hours. This boat is small and extremely quick, which makes for a great combination when trying to spot Iceland's finest wildlife in its natural habitat. Let the expert guides take you down Iceland's longest fjord, Eyjafjord, pointing out landmarks, and hopefully humpback and minke whales, birds, dolphins and porpoises. Given the size of the tour, this is an incredibly intimate opportunity to see these magnificent beasts up close, closer in fact than any other local boat will take you, without disturbing them. A tour with incredible sights, nature spotting and and adventure, this tour is not to be missed.
2-hour whale, Eyjafjord & Akureyri sightseeing tour
Availability: Daily at various times
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 2 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Go whale-spotting in the largest fjord in Iceland
- Explore some of Iceland's most beautiful locations by taking a boat tour from Akureyri to Eyjafjord
- See whales, birds and dolphins in their natural habitats
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Expert guide
- Neoprene gloves
- Life vests and necessary safety equipment
Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Please meet at the floating pier at Hof Cultural Centre in Akureyri, by the Elding office, 15 minutes ahead of departure
What to remember
- Please dress warmly for this tour, as the boat is open
- Please arrive at the floating pier 15 minutes before departure
- Boat capacity: 12 passengers per boat (plus captain and guide)
- Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for pregnant women and those with a history of back injuries. Please consult your doctor prior to booking this tour. Passengers need to be 145cm or taller to participate in this tour
- This tour is available daily at 10.00am, 12.00pm, 2.00pm, 4.00pm, 8.00pm and 9.00pm
- Please arrive at the floating pier 15 minutes ahead of departure
- The tour duration is approximately 2 hours
Whale Watching Akureyri
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.