Step into Slovenia's magical underworld as you enter Postojna's famous caves. Carved out by the flowing waters of the River Pivka over millions of years, the labyrinthine passages and halls are dimly lit, only just illuminating the fascinating geological features within them. You will explore all 21 kilometers, wandering past dripstone walls, translucent curtains, and pillars of varying sizes, each more colorful than the last. As your guide leads you from stalagmite to stalagtite, you'll learn about just how this complex geological structure came to be and the legends which surround it. Once you've surfaced, the day continues with a trip to Predjama Castle. An impressive building that hangs dramatically over you on its 100-meter-high vertical cliff, it was once home to the infamous robber knight, Erasmus. Hear all about his life and about the castle which is both shrouded in mystery before heading back to Ljubljana through verdant green landscapes.
Excursions & day trips
Half-day private tour of Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 6 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Step into a geological fairy kingdom underground
- Excite your imagination in a striking medieval castle
- Discover some of Slovenia's best myths and legends
What to expect
- Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle entrance fee
- Predjama Castle audio guide
What's not included
- Food and drinks
This tour includes hotel pickup and drop off. Meet your guide at the agreed-upon location indicated during checkout.
What to remember
- Booking minimum of at least 2 adults is required during checkout
- This tour includes hotel pick up and drop off. Please indicate your pick up location at checkout
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience