Get ready to discover 2 monumental places located near the Spanish capital with an expert guide! On this trip from Madrid, you'll admire the UNESCO-listed El Escorial and the impressive Valley of the Fallen. Begin your experience in central Madrid, where you'll meet your guide and start a bus trip of approximately one hour to San Lorenzo de El Escorial. Accompanied by your expert guide, you'll walk through the historic center of the town, passing through the Felipe II park. Your guide will explain the reasons that led the monarch to order the construction of the Royal Monastery of El Escorial in the 16th century. Don't miss the chance to visit the surroundings, admiring the exterior of this impressive monument and, discover many of its secrets, such as "The legend of the gold bricks", as well as some of the anecdotes that the King starred in this place. Your tour will continue in the Valley of the Fallen, where you'll appreciate its 150 meters high cross, the Basilica carved into the rock of the mountain, and of course, the spectacular views of the Madrid mountain range. You'll have the opportunity to enter the monument so that you can enjoy its peculiar corners on your own.
Excursions & day trips
The new Escorial and Valley of the Fallen tour from Madrid
Language: English , Spanish
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 5 hours
Safety measures applied
Subject expert guide
Do this because
- Discover 2 monumental places in one day
- Learn about the history of Madrid with an expert guide
- Enjoy a bus trip from Madrid
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Roundtrip from Madrid
- Expert guide
- Entrance tickets to the Basilica in the Valley of the Fallen
- Entrances and guide inside to the Monastery of San Lorenzo de El Escorial
What's not included
- Guided tour of the Basilica in the Valley of the Fallen
Calle de Ferraz, 3, Madrid, Spain
Inside the VPT office next to the pharmmacy.
What to remember
- This tour ends at Plaza de España
- Arrive 10 min before the tour departs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
VPT Tours (Viajes Para Todos)
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.