Join this San Francisco North Beach Food Tour to explore the Italian restaurant scene and former Barbary Coast – known as the most notorious neighborhood in America during the Gold Rush! You will explore North Beach, a unique and historic neighborhood, like never before - skipping the line for some of the best eats in town.
The tour showcases the history, flavor and character of this diverse neighborhood! Stroll through the historic Italian neighborhood learning about its culinary and notorious history, while hearing the stories of chefs, restaurant owners and industry experts. Experience a 4-course progressive meal, where each course is served at a different restaurant. We start with appetizers, followed by an entree, and concluding with a mouthwatering dessert.
Possible tastings (each tour includes 4):
- Famous tomato-based seafood stew cioppino invented in San Francisco by Italian Fisherman
- Croquettes in an alleyway trendy cocktail den featured in the New York Times
- Signature pork sliders in historic former Purple Onion Comedy Club where Phyllis Diller, The Kingston Trio, The Smothers Brothers and Maya Angelou got their start
- Authentic Italian wood-fired pizza from the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast – Voted No. 3 Best Pizza in the US according to People Magazine’s Pizza Search
- Hearty and cheesy arancini at old-time historical Italian red sauce restaurant, a North Beach neighborhood hotspot
- Hand-filled authentic cannoli at a historic Italian bookshop turned cafe
- A trio of Gelato tastes featuring partnerships with local food purveyors – TCHO Chocolate, St. George Spirits, Numi Tea and Fiddyment Farm Pistachios