Explore Vancouver by lamplight on this 90-minute walking tour featuring the city's most gruesome historical events. Designed for adults, the experience is conducted as a theater piece told through the lens of one person's tragic tale. The tour covers topics such as the Great Fire, the smallpox plague, and the unsolved murder of John Bray, all based on documented history taken from city archives. Your guide will take you to all of Gastown's must see locations and landmarks, including the city's oldest hotel, the Victorian, as well as Gaoler's Mews, Water Street, and Maple Tree Square.
The Lost Souls of Gastown tour
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Take an unconventional walking tour by lamplight
- View a dramatic theater piece as you visit Vancouver's landmarks
- Learn about the city's earliest and most gruesome history
What to expect
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
- Guided walking tour
What's not included
- Tips (optional)
356 Water Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please meet your guide outside Buro Coffee at the entrance into Historic Gastown. A 1 minute walk from Waterfront Skytrain and Seabus Station.
What to remember
- This tour is not suitable for children under ten years old
- Tours are designed for adult audiences and do contain some references to mature subject matter. The age recommendation is 14+ but children aged 10+ can attend accompanied by a parent
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Tours operate rain or shine and are outside, please dress appropriately for the weather - In the summer, it's recommended to bring a sweater or jacket. In the spring or fall please bring a waterproof jacket and sturdy footwear. Hat and gloves will help on colder nights
- Please wear comfortable shoes and be prepared to walk around an urban environment
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- The minimum number of participants required for this tour to run is five people
- There is a maximum number of 25 people for this tour
- Assistance dogs are welcome on this tour however any other pet animals are not welcome on this tour
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Forbidden Vancouver Walking Tours
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the experience begins.