Stroll through Schönbrunn’s lavish formal gardens and park, opened to the public from 1779 as the Habsburg dynasty’s political and cultural dominance reached its peak. It was under Maria Theresa’s direction that Schönbrunn Palace became the focal point of Austria’s imperial policy and the center of court life, in addition to functioning as the summer residence of a reigning family counting not less than 16 children! Witness the height of High Baroque on this expert-led Schönbrunn Palace tour of majestically-designed rooms, recalling the influential role of culture and the arts in the imperial family’s life and its use as a reflection of their power and wealth.
Excursions & day trips
Schönbrunn Palace guided tour with a friendly historian
Availability: See calendar
Mobile voucher accepted
Duration: up to 3 hours
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Explore Schönbrunn's magnificent formal garden
- Learn of the Habsburgs' devotion to classical music
- Take in the stunning “Porcelain Room” (office of Maria Theresa)
- Study the unique Rococo “Millions Room”
What to expect
- Guided tour
What's not included
- Entrance tickets for Schönbrunn Palace and the park
Schloss Schönbrunn, 1130 Wien, Austria
Please meet your guide at the miniature scale model of the palace near the ticket office.
What to remember
- This tour requires a minimum of two people
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.