Buda Castle 3-hour tour with a friendly historian
Availability: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays
Mobile voucher accepted
Safety measures applied
Do this because
- Begin at the commanding Palace, a symbol of royalty and rebirth throughout Hungary’s history.
- Explore the magnificent Matthias Church with its lavish roof decoration and interior, and the romantic Fisherman’s Bastion with unrivaled views over Pest cityscape and the rolling Danube river below.
- Stroll through the cobbled streets and baroque facades of the Castle Hill residential district, lovingly rebuilt when Habsburg-led troops retook it from the Turks in 1686 and again after the Russians crushed Nazi troops there in 1945.
- Visit the house of an 18th-century pharmacist’s family, reflecting on everyday life in the Castle District.
- End at the Vienna Gate with sweeping views to Óbuda (Old Buda) where the Romans founded the city, then named Aquincum.
What to expect
- 3-hour guided walk
- Historian tour guide
What's not included
- Entrance to the castle and castle museum
- Entrance to Matthias Church
- Entrance to Fisherman Bastion
What to remember
Good news! No extra fees are applied to this booking.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the experience begins.
What people say about this experience